Multidimensional Dungeons is a card and dice-based, tabletop, roguelike, ARPG (action role-playing game). It is inspired by classic Dungeons and Dragons and computer games such as the Diablo series, Slay the Spire, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, and others. At the beginning of the game, you choose one of the three main classes (warrior, mage, or rogue) and as you level up, you add powerful ability cards from the nine sub classes (knight, barbarian, swashbuckler, healer, elementalist, necromancer, thief, ranger, or assassin) to your deck. The labyrinths of MDD are ever changing so each playthrough brings new surprises. It is designed to be easy to pick up and hard to put down, like OSR (old school revival) role-playing games. Since player abilities are expressed in cards, leveling up doesn’t demand searching through lists of spells and abilities, but simply picking the available card option that you want. You can also choose from the cards of other subclasses, allowing for almost limitless multiclass possibilities.
Some Features of Multidimensional Dungeons
• Co-operative, solo, or PVP gameplay for one to six players. Card and dice-based gameplay allowing for maximum variation. Always a different experience—no two games will be alike!
• A deep and intuitive role playing system that keeps players enguaged–no waiting thirty minutes for your next turn!
• A simple yet comprehensive stat system—the entire character sheet is half a page!
• Three main classes, 9 playable sub-classes and 19,683 potential multi-class combinations with this first set.
• 23 (and counting) types of beings to play including elves, half-beast primals and undead revenants. Want one you don’t see? Create it!
• Hundreds of items. Deadly traps. Mounds of malignant monsters. Pets. BOSS BATTLES!
• Original, dark fantasy art by Morgan Caraway with flavors of Lovecraft.
• A mysterious story that will drive the action until the riveting climax.
• The initial set will allow players to make their way to level five. If the game succeeds and if I want to do it, I’ll make expansion sets in the future up to level 10, 20, or perhaps even higher.
A Bit of the Story:
Two generations ago, glowing portals began appearing around the land of Ashmandael. The familiar flora and fauna around these portals began slowly but perceptibly metamorphosing into stranger, more unsettling forms. Even people living in their proximity were noticeably altered over time. Bands of heretofore unknown creatures began taking up residence in the forests and caves. At first these settlements had little conflict with neighboring human villages but as the numbers of the newcomers grew, strife and outright combat became more commonplace. The appearance of the portals also coincided with the arrival of mysterious, arcane forms of magic. At first it was mostly the newcomers who delved into such esoteric secrets but humans, not wanting to be left behind, began approaching the outsiders to learn the ways of the occult. Against all odds, alliances and friendships were formed amongst members of the different species.
You live close to the multi-species outpost Salizaar, near which one of the first known portals appeared. To the south are the volcanic badlands of Doréamor, home of the fierce and wild Fire Elves. Doréamor is also the origin of a horrifying zombie plague that has spread like wildfire to all of the known kingdoms, bringing some to the very brink of collapse. To the north, in the expansive frozen wastes of Draedi, live the mysterious and secretive Ice Elves, the ancestral enemies of the fire elves. It’s rumored that they inhabit elaborate, subterranean cities, carved with powerful magics directly into the ice…
The print and play version gameboard and the character sheet.
Plans for Kickstarter and Release:
Right now, I’m considering releasing the game in multiple formats. The least expensive entry into the series will be the sets of cards and a downloadable PDF with a printable version of the rules, gameboard, tokens, character sheet, etc. The buyer would provide dice, preferably a set for each player. Another version could have the cards and a printed rulebook. The deluxe version will be the boxed set and it will include around 150 full-color cards with dark fantasy art including flavors of Lovecraft, a full set of polyhedral dice, streamlined character sheets, a combat grid, character and monster tokens/counters, a rulebook (under 50 pages). Below, you can see the character sheet I’ve come up with. I wanted to have it be as simple and straightforward as possible and not too crowded with unneeded information.
I will probably be launching the Kickstarter campaign for this in Q4 of 2021. Use the contact form below to be put on a mailing list for updates on the game or to contact me. Thank for checking in and stay tuned! Morgan.